If you are the kind of player who likes to jump in without reading the manual, here are a few quick tips to help get you started:
- Right-click to place units and to move. Watch the mouse cursor arrow to control the unit’s facing when you place and move a unit.
- Left-click to select units, and to select an enemy unit to fire at.
- Players exchange placing, moving, and firing units in quick succession until both pass and the round ends.
- Units have Action Points (APs) that they spend to move, fire, and do other actions.
- You have a pool of Command Action Points (CAPs) that you can spend to give your units extra APs, distributing them as you see fit. Use the “CAPs to APs” button or the "C" key to do this. You can also spend CAPs to modify your die roll up to two points. Use the CAPs to Roll Bonus button or the "B" key to do this.
- Click on the image of your commanding officer to see a report containing your firefight orders. This will tell you what you need to do to win the firefight you are playing.
- Try to rally wounded units with the “rally” button at the bottom of the screen.